March 2006 Parish Council Minutes

 

A meeting of Takeley Parish Council was held on

Wednesday March 1st 2006 , at 7.30pm at Takeley Silver Jubilee Hall.

 

Present:

Cllr. Trevor Allen (Chairman), Cllr. Carol Pratt (Vice Chairman)

Cllr . Brian Baldwin, Cllr. Patricia Barber

Cllr. Richard Cheetham, Cllr. Jan Eichhorn

Cllr. Michael Mew, Mr. David Fossett (Clerk)

Apologies:

Cllr. Michael Garrick, Cllr. Barrie Pountain

In Attendance:

UDC Cllr.Jackie Cheetham, UDC Cllr.Richard Harris

Mr.Martin Peachy

Gt.Dunmow Police Section Inspector Jim Shaw

Minutes:

The minutes of the February meeting, which had been circulated previously, were agreed & signed as a true record by the Chairman.

 

Matters Arising:

 

F001/06 - NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH

Cllr.R.Cheetham was concerned that there should be a positive attempt to follow up the Neighbourhood Watch initiative & recruit more local co-ordinators & volunteers.

 

PASTOR PIETER KRAAY

TPC observed one minutes silence in memory of Pieter Kraay who had worked for over 30 years as Minister of Takeley Free Church & had been a well loved & respected member of the local community.

 

Cllr.Jan Eichhorn expressed her thanks to TPC for the good wishes & flowers she had received whilst in hospital.

 

F001/06 - LOCAL POLICING ISSUES

The Chairman welcomed Inspector Jim Shaw to the meeting & he outlined the work of his section & stressed concern that while public expectations of policing were high in practical terms they were difficult to achieve. Police resources were thinly spread over a large area. 21 Officers had to provide 24 hour cover to Gt.Dunmow, Stansted, Takeley & 33 other villages & workload was prioritised where crime was being committed. PC Brad Healy at Hatfield Heath had responsibility for the Takeley area, as did CPSO Munns, but the previous model of monthly meetings to share intelligence & exchange information with TPC was not possible at this time.

A new neighbourhood policing model was to be introduced in Summer 2006 & Inspector Shaw would review TPC's request at that time.

 

ADMINISTRATION

A087/05

TPC – Councillor Vacancy

TPC considered applications for the vacancy & Mr.John Green was duly elected to act as a Co-opted Cllr until the new Parish elections in April 2007.

 

Clerk to inform UDC

A001/06

February Financial Report

Financial transactions for February 2006 were tabled & agreed.

It was noted that audit fees this financial year were within budget.

 

 

All note

A025/05

Audit 2004-2005

The external auditor (Lubbock Fine) had now signed the audit certificate & opinion for the 2004-2005 accounts & had found them to be satisfactory. (see Apx.A ).

It was proposed by Cllr.P.Barber, seconded by Cllr.R.Cheetham & agreed unanimously to accept the auditors report.

The Finance Committee would consider any issues arising from the report at their next meeting.

 

 

 

 

Clerk to Publish Certificate

A001/06

Finance Committee Report

It was proposed by Cllr.B.Baldwin, seconded by Cllr.P.Barber & agreed unanimously to adopt the report & recommendations of the Finance Committee as outlined by Cllr.R.Cheetham (see Apx.B ).

 

 

 

All note

A061/05

TPC 2007

Recommendations for strategies to manage the lead up to the change of council in 2007 had been distributed & would be discussed at the April meeting.

 

 

April Agenda

A021/06

‘SSE' Sponsored Cycle Ride

It was agreed that ‘SSE' be allowed the use of Takeley Sports Field on Sunday 28.5.2006 as a supervised car park.

 

 

All note

 

 

PLANNING & STANSTED AIRPORT

B002/06

TPC agreed the following responses to PLANNING APPLICATIONS received:-

UTT/0096/06/FUL Erection of a two storey extension at Montrose, The Street.

Brief Description: This proposal is to build a two storey extension to the rear of Montrose, The Street. We have recently approved a similar style extension to the adjoining property known as Twee Cottage. The extension will provide for a large dining room on the ground floor and two additional bedrooms on the first floor. All additional windows resulting from the build will face north and will not overlook neighbouring properties. All external finishes will match existing.

Comments: Extension will provide significant living accommodation with minimal impact to the frontage of the property, street scene and neighbours. The plan makes no allowance for an exterior window for the new first floor bathroom.

No objection - but UDC will have to decide whether an appropriate ‘obscured' window is required for the new bathroom.

 

UTT/0173/06/FUL Single storey extension to 122, Takeley Park .

Brief Description: This proposal is to extend the front of the property to provide additional space for an existing bedroom, kitchen and to incorporate and redesign the existing porch. The overall frontal elevation of the property will be improved as a result of the works.

Comments: The property has a dominant position adjacent to a main access road around a central green space. The resultant property will be in keeping with others in the vicinity.

No objection.

 

 

UTT/0042/06/FUL Erection of anew detached building on land at rear of 8, Hamilton Close, Little Canfield.

Brief Description: This proposal is to erect a 4 bedroom house on land that is currently part of the garden of 8, Hamilton Close, Little Canfield. The design and style of the house is quite modern and makes extensive use of roof lights and half dormers in the roof structure. Whilst exterior walls are to be rendered the roof will have concrete interlocking tiles. Windows are to be large single pains of glass. This property will only be a matter of feet from the boundary and properties on the Priors Green Estate.

Comments: It is difficult to consider this application in isolation due to its proximity to the Priors Green Estate and the special conditions that apply to developments so close to Priors Green. Issues such as style and compatibility with the Countryside designs have to be considered and beyond our remit. Nevertheless the style of the proposed house, its size, scale and exterior finishes, particularly to the roof will probably result in a justifiable refusal.

Object on the grounds that the style, size, scale and exterior finishes (especially the roof) are incompatible with the location.

UTT/0200/06/FUL Significant extension and alteration to Kambria, Jacks La ne.

Brief Description: This proposal is to significantly extend this property on both ground and first floor levels and to demolish the existing garage. As a result the property will convert from a detached pre war bungalow to an attractive 4 bedroom chalet bungalow. The converted property will have an integral garage, external walls will be painted render and roof tiles will be plain clay.

Comments: It should be noted that the existing bungalow has been empty for some considerable time. The resultant property will be an attractive cottage style chalet and will enhance the current location. The height of the current roofline will increase modestly.

No objection.

UTT/0251/06/OP Outline application for two dwellings on land south of Willow Tree Cottage, Broadfield Road .

Brief Description: This outline proposal is to build two dwellings on a narrow strip of land south of Willow Tree Cottage, Broadfield Road . No indicative plans have been submitted other than a map showing the position of the plot.

Comment: The application originally was for a single dwelling but has now been upgraded to request permission for 2 dwellings. The size of plot is approx. 531sq metres but appears to be extremely narrow and access for two properties is somewhat questionable.

Object on the grounds of size and that the shape of plot appears to be inappropriate for two dwellings.

UTT/0199/06/FUL Dropped curb and vehicular access to property at 4, Station Road .

Brief Description/Comment: This property is semi detached and is one of four that front on to Station Road . Whilst the other dwellings have dropped curbs for some reason no.4 does not, yet has a garage!

No objection.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk to notify UDC

 

 

B042/05

East England Regional Assembly – Examination in Public

Cllr.M.Mew reported on his attendance at the EIP & on the prospect of 6,000 new houses being identified for North Weald & 10,000 north of Harlow . Additional housing had been mentioned for an area between Takeley & Gt.Dunmow. Infrastructure issues had been discussed including water supply & sewerage disposal.

 

 

 

 

All note

B029/05

BAA Stansted Airport – Generation 2 Project

It was proposed by Cllr.P.Barber, seconded by Cllr.R.Cheetham & agreed unanimously to submit the final draft of TPC's response to BAA's G2 consultation (see Apx.C ).

Cllr.M.Mew reported on the meeting held with Terry Morgan & Alistair MacDermit (BAA Stansted) on 16.2.2006 also attended by Cllr.M.Garrick & the Clerk. Although no compromise could be reached or support offered on HOSS issues, consideration would be given to noise issues & results of the Health Impact Assessment consultation results forwarded to TPC.

 

 

Clerk to write

B029/05

BAA Stansted Airport – G2 Project

Road Diversions & Stopping Up Consultation

Faber Maunsell (BAA consultants) had invited TPC to a consultation workshop to discuss road diversions & stopping up measures for the G2 Project.

It was agreed to inform Faber Maunsell that TPC rejected the premise of this premature consultation & were not prepared to discuss these issues before a full planning application had been received.

Faber Maunsell would be given an opportunity of meeting TPC at 7pm on 5.4.2006 to outline the consultation process.

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk to notify

B017/02

BAA – HOSS Legal Challenge

The Judge's decision transcript had still not been received due to a mix up at the High Court, but TPC's lawyers would be expected to submit a skeleton appeal soon after it is published.

TPC would update local Parish Councils of the appeal process & re-convene a meeting when the transcript was received.

 

 

 

April Agenda

B061/04

Takeley Station House

TPC would request a meeting with ECC Officer Paul Skeet for an update on expected completion dates & future management arrangements asap.

 

 

April Agenda

B021/05

Old School House

UDC Cllr.J.Cheetham informed TPC that ECC had still not reached a decision on the future of the building.

 

All note

 

 

ROADS

C034/00

ECC - Speed Reduction Programme

A satisfactory meeting was held on 1.3.2006 with ECC Highways to discuss suitable speed reduction measures (ie. 30/40mph speed limits) on Bambers Green & Warish Hall roads & was attended by Cllrs.B.Baldwin, P.Barber & C.Pratt & ECC Officer Chris Stoneham. 30mph limits were recommended for residential areas in Smiths Green & Bambers Green & 40mph limits elsewhere.

The project was planned to be financed in ECC's 2006/07 Locally Determined Budget & could be introduced in Autumn 2006.

 

 

 

 

All note

 

C023/04

Stansted Airport Fly Parking

ECC Officer Chris Stoneham would present parking restriction options at the April meeting.

April Agenda Review

C034/00

ECC - Heavy Goods Vehicles – Traffic Survey

Results of the recent survey in Bambers Green & Warish Hall roads would be discussed at the April meeting with ECC Officer Chris Stoneham.

 

April Agenda Review

 

 

 

ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES

D001/06

Recreation Ground Report

Cllr.J.Eichhorn reported that equipment was in good order.

The damaged safety surface had been repaired.

 

All note

D002/06

Sports Field Report

Cllr.M.Garrick's written report stated that equipment was in good order.

 

 

All note

 

 

   

 

VILLAGE SERVICES

F002/06

Local Youth Initiatives

No report in Cllr.M.Garrick's absence.

 

 

All note

 

 

THE NEXT MEETING of Takeley Parish Council will be held on

Wednesday April 5th 2006 at Takeley Silver Jubilee Hall at 7.00pm .

 

PLEASE NOTE EARLIER TIME !

 

The meeting finished at 9.35 pm .

 

David Fossett Clerk of the Council 6.3.2006