July 2006 Parish Council Minutes

A meeting of Takeley Parish Council was held on

Wednesday July 5th 2006 , at 7.30pm at Takeley Station House.

 

Present:

Cllr. Trevor Allen (Chairman), Cllr. Carol Pratt  (Vice Chairman)    
Cllr. Brian Baldwin, Cllr. Patricia Barber
Cllr. Richard Cheetham, Cllr. Jan Eichhorn
Cllr. Michael Garrick, Cllr. John Green
Cllr. John Gregory, Cllr. Michael Mew
Cllr. Barrie Pountain, Mr.  David Fossett (Clerk)



Apologies:

UDC Cllr.Jackie Cheetham, UDC Cllr.Richard Harris
ECC Cllr.Susan Flack


In Attendance:

Mr.Eric Gilbert

 

Minutes:

The minutes of the June meeting, which had been circulated previously, were agreed & signed as a true record by the Chairman.

 

Matters Arising:

B061/06 – Takeley Station House

The Chairman welcomed TPC to the newly refurbished Station House & introduced Mr.Duncan Wood (Senior Warden ECC Country Parks).

The Station House would become TPC’s office base & meeting venue from January 2007. Mr.Tom Hamilton was the ‘Ranger’ in residence.

 

OPEN FORUM

Mr.E.Gilbert expressed concern that National Express coaches continued to use the B1256 & Parsonge Road to access Stansted Airport & took little notice of local speed limits. TPC would write to National Express & ask them to review the bus route.

 

ADMINISTRATION

A051/06

June Financial Report
Financial transactions for June 2006 were tabled & agreed.

 

All note

A039/06

Audit 2005-2006
It was proposed by Cllr.R.Cheetham, seconded by Cllr.C.Pratt & agreed unanimously to approve TPC’s end of year return & supporting financial statement for 2005-2006.
It was proposed by Cllr.J.Green, seconded by Cllr.J.Gregory & agreed unanimously, to approve & sign the ‘statement of assurance’ in respect of TPC’s accounts for 2005-2006 (see Apx.A).

 

 

Clerk to write

A043/06

UDC Licensing - Sex Establishments
It was proposed by Cllr.M.Mew, seconded by Cllr. J.Gregory & agreed unanimously to inform UDC that no locations were appropriate or acceptable for sex establishments in Takeley.

 

Clerk to write

A038/06

Appointment of New Clerk
Adverts for the post would be published in the Herts & Essex newspaper group in the weeks ending 8th, 15th & 22nd of July with a closing date for applicants set for 5.8.2006.
The Appointments Panel would meet on 16.8.2006 at 10.30am at Takeley Station House to shortlist candidates & organise interviews etc.

 

August Agenda

A061/05

Takeley 2007
Public attention to promote the need for new Cllr’s at the May 2007 elections would be published via the newsletter, web site & through the local network.

 

August
Agenda

 

STANSTED AIRPORT

B014/05

BAA Stansted Airport G1 - (UTT/0717/06/FUL)
As UDC had extended the deadline for responses for TPC, a draft would now be produced for consideration at the August meeting.
(Deadline 7.8.2006).

 

August Agenda

B017/02

BAA – HOSS Legal Challenge
The appeal papers were with the High Court & would be considered in due course.
Recent Land Registry house value statistics for the local area had been forwarded to Richard Buxton.

 

August Agenda

B008/06

TPC agreed the following responses to PLANNING APPLICATIONS received:-      

UTT/0851/06/FUL
Modifications to a bungalow property at ‘Kambria’, Jacks Lane.
Comments:  Overall the design results in a well balanced and attractive chalet bungalow. New windows resulting from the extension do not overlook either of the neighbouring properties and the height and physical location should not cause any problems re. light and loss of amenity etc.., UDC may need to establish that the colour of the roof tiles and weather boarding are in keeping with the location.
No objection -  subject to UDC ensuring that the colour of the roof tiles and weather boarding are in keeping with the location.

UTT/0837/06/FUL
Erection of a two storey extension at 4, Bury Villas.
Comments:  The design and proportions of the extension are a good match with the existing property and should not cause any problems with neighbouring properties re. light and loss of amenity etc.
No objection.

UTT/0838/06/FUL
Conversion of roof space into office space at Unit 4, Old House Farm, Parsonage Road.
Comments:  The external changes are relatively small with the exception of the new windows to be located in the roof. Whilst these windows are along the south facing elevation i.e. towards Takeley, the distance of this building from the village should not present a material problem for residents on the northern side of the village.
No objection.

UTT/0827/06/DFO
Temporary construction of crossing through Jacks Lane.
Comments:  This requirement still appears to necessitate a swathe of nearly 18 metres to be cut across the lane on both sides. It also includes a ramp of 1:20 to be built leading up to this temporary crossover along the bridleway. Whilst this probably is a necessary requirement, albeit temporary, none of our previous comments/conditions appear to have been addressed so we should repeat them in our reply.
No objection - subject to:

  • Permission is granted for these works to be undertaken by the owner/custodian of Jacks Lane.
  • Prior to commencement a full archaeological dig is undertaken where the proposed works are to be undertaken. This bridleway is believed to date back to medieval times.
  • The extent of hedge and tree removal either side of Jacks Lane appears to be excessive (18 metres) in order to facilitate pipe laying. UDC must establish the minimum width necessary and also to question the need for a 1:20 ramp either side of the crossing.
  • A date to be agreed and published for the reinstatement of the hedgerows and bridleway surface.
  • Countryside Properties Plc must ensure that all users of the bridleway are not inconvenienced or exposed to any dangers as a result of these works.

UTT/0965/06/FUL
Retrospective application for erection of a building on land at rear of
Takeley Business Centre, Dunmow Road.
Comments:  This is quite a substantial building and by virtue of its function to provide secure storage has been fixed to some form of foundation by fixing bolts. Unspecified building materials are to be temporarily stored and this may raise issues of safety and risk of fire etc. The building is approx. 20m. and 30m. from boundaries and dwellings. Agreement to this request could set a precedent for future applications on this site.
Object on the following grounds:

  • Size and scale of structure is inappropriate for this location – currently believed to be for the purpose of car parking.
  • Agreement would set a precedent for additional structures in this open aspect location.
  • On the basis of this application any type of building material could be stored in the building eg. hazardous/flammable/combustible materials, and could be a potential danger for local residents 20-30 metres away. 
  • Unrestricted access to the site and building is unacceptable.
  • Loss of amenity to residents in close proximity eg. 20 – 30 metres away.

UTT/0878/06/FUL & UTT/0880/06/FUL
Erection of either 8 or 10 properties garages etc., on land adjacent to
‘Woodside’, The Street.
Comments:  Two ‘competing’ applications have been submitted for this site. A similar application for this site was considered by TPC in August 2005 for 8 houses etc., which TPC objected to. This new application/s has been resubmitted on the basis that the previous refusal, supported by the Planning Inspectorate, has been undermined by UDC’s acceptance to an adjacent site at Brookside. Agreement to a further 8 or 10 houses in this one small quarter of this part of Takeley would lead to a damaging over-concentration of dwellings and would spoil the overall rural aspect of the village.
Object on the following grounds:

  • Over development and concentration of development in one small pocket of land adj. to The Street (including Brookside 15 - 17 houses).
  • Gov’t guidelines regarding density of new build do not and can not ignore the resultant detrimental impact on rural and village locations. Agreement to either of these two proposals, especially when considering the joint impact with the Brookside development, would severely damage the rural nature of this part of the village and general amenities for those living close to the site.
  • Inconsistent and incompatible design with the adjacent Brookside development.
  • Agreement to either proposal would set an undesirable and unacceptable precedent and will by itself or cumulatively erode the character of the area and countryside and lead to further applications along The Street, Takeley.
  • TPC believe the Inspectors findings should stand especially now that Brookside is almost complete.

UTT/0978/06/AV
Erection of a non illuminated sign on land at Site 600, Taylors End.
Comments:  Whilst the purpose of signage is to catch the eye this sign is particularly unattractive and would be seen as an eyesore.
Object on the grounds of poor and unattractive design for a rural location & potential danger to passing traffic.

UTT/0966/06/AD
Application for a Certificate of Alternative Appropriate Development at
Molehill Green Village Hall, Molehill Green.
Comments:  A planning consultant has been employed to support this application and these steps appear to be within planning law.
No objection. 
(Cllr’s C.Pratt & B.Pountain declared an interest in this item as Trustees of the village hall).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk to notify UDC

 

 

ROADS

C023/04

Stansted Airport Fly Parking
Results of views received from the public exhibition would be considered by TPC when available.
Mr.Chris Stoneham would be invited to the October meeting to update TPC on this & other outstanding local road issues.

 

August agenda

C016/06

Joint ECC / UDC Highways Meeting
It was agreed that Cllr.B.Baldwin would draft a list of local road issues of concern for consideration at the joint meeting.

 

Clerk to write

C008/06

Takeley Entry Sign Planters
UDC Cllr.J.Cheetham & Cllr.R.Cheetham were continuing to investigate the viability & cost of the planters.

 

August Agenda

 

ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES

D010/06

UDC Recycling

Concern was expressed re. the implications for local residents following the start of UDC’s new recycling policy. Many residents now had to manage 3 ‘wheely bins’ which took up too much room & obstructed the footways.
UDC would be contacted to ask if ½ bins would be made available.

 

August Agenda

D001/06

Recreation Ground Report

Cllr.J.Green had now taken responsibility for the Recreation ground & reported that replacement bolts to benches had been removed.
The recent ROSPA report would be reviewed at the August meeting.TPC expressed thanks to Cllr.J.Eichhorn for the work she had previously undertaken.

 

All note

D002/06

Sports Field Report
Cllr.M.Garrick reported increasing litter problems & damage to litter bins. Bob Muddle would be asked to ensure a weekly visit included litter duty. Problems with water & electricity consumption had been sorted out.
Cllr.M.Garrick had met the ROSPA inspector during the recent annual inspection & the report would be reviewed at the August meeting.

An agreement for Takeley Football Club’s use of the Sports Field had been accepted & now required signing.

 

 

All note

 

 

VILLAGE SERVICES

F001/06

Local Policing & Public Safety Issues
The Essex Police Neighbourhood Policing model for Uttlesford had now been launched & PC Neil Russell had been allocated to Takeley. Cllr.M.Garrick hoped that the monthly information meetings would resume asap.
Cllr.J.Gregory reported on the recent Braintree Police & Community Consultative Group meeting & TPC would remind Essex Police Authority that it opposed regional amalgamations & wished Essex to remain a stand alone authority.

 

 

All note

F002/06

Takeley Youth Initiatives
Cllr.M.Garrick reported that numbers attending the youth club had fallen off in recent weeks but a BBQ was planned for 17.7.2006 at 7pm at the Sports & Social Club.

 

All note

 

THE NEXT MEETING of Takeley Parish Council will be held on
Wednesday August 2nd 2006 at Takeley Silver Jubilee Hall at 7.30pm.

 

The meeting finished at 10.05 pm.

 

David Fossett    Clerk of the Council   10.7.2006