January 2006 Parish Council Minutes

A meeting of Takeley Parish Council was held on

Wednesday January 4 th 2006 , at 7.30pm at Takeley Silver Jubilee Hall.

 

Present:

Cllr. Trevor Allen (Chairman), Cllr. Mrs Carol Pratt (Vice Chairman)

Cllr . Brian Baldwin, Cllr. Mrs Patricia Barber

Cllr. Mrs Jan Eichhorn, Cllr. Michael Garrick

Cllr. John Gregory, Cllr. Michael Mew

Mr. David Fossett (Clerk)

 

Apologies: Cllr. Richard Cheetham, Cllr. Barrie Pountain

ECC Cllr. Susan Flack, UDC Cllr. Jackie Cheetham

 

In Attendance: UDC Cllr.R.Harris, Mr.Martin Peachy

Mr.Chris Stoneham (ECC Highways Officer)

Ms.Rosa Clarke & Mr.Ian Williamson (Countryside Projects plc)

 

Minutes: The minutes of the December meeting, which had been circulated previously, were agreed & signed as a true record by the Chairman with two corrections amended and signed by the Chairman.

 

Matters Arising: B014/05 BAA Health Impact Assessment

It was agreed that Cllr.M.Mew would contact ERM Consultants & ask what next steps were to be taken in the assessment process following the recent consultation workshop.

 

ADMINISTRATION

A087/05

TPC – Councillor Vacancy

A notice of a vacancy following the resignation of Elizabeth Jones would be published on 9.1.2006. Should no election be requested, TPC would advertise for a new co-opted Councillor asap.

 

 

February Agenda

A075/05

December Financial Report

Financial transactions for December 2005 were tabled & agreed.

 

 

All note

A086/05

Finance Committee – 7.12.2005

It was proposed by Cllr.J.Gregory, seconded by Cllr.P.Barber & agreed unanimously, to adopt the recommendations from the Finance Committee report (7.12.2005), previously published in the December minutes.

The draft budget for 2006-20067 would be discussed further at the next finance committee meeting to be held in February.

A request for a donation towards churchyard maintenance would be discussed at the next Finance Committee meeting.

 

 

 

 

Arrange Date

A025/05

Audit 2004-2005

Lubbock Fine (External Auditor) had requested further information before signing off the accounts. It was agreed to seek Cllr.R.Cheetham's advice before responding.

 

 

All note

A90/05

UDC - South West Area Panel

The new UDC Area Panels would be an important lobbying point for TPC issues. TPC would send representatives to future meetings & suggest agenda items. Cllr.J.Gregory would attend the next meeting of the South West Area Panel on 31.1.2006.

The work of the Great Dunmow Road Safety Advisory Committee would now be absorbed by the new SWArea Panel.

February
Agenda

 

 

PLANNING & STANSTED AIRPORT

B030/05

TPC agreed the following responses to recent PLANNING APPLICATIONS received:-

UTT/1972/05/FUL - Barn 2 Parkers Farm, Smiths Green - No objection

UTT/1992/05/FUL – ‘Remac', Dunmow Road - No objection

UTT/2001/05 & UTT/2002/05/FUL - Balancing Pond, Priors Green

No objection - subject to the implementation of all the recommendations in the ROSPA report (Section 5 - October 2005 ).

 

 

 

Clerk to notify UDC

 

 

B027/05

ECC – Planning Consultation

It was agreed that Cllr.M.Mew would respond to the consultation on proposed mineral extraction sites on behalf of TPC by 26.1.2006.

 

 

All note

B017/02

BAA – HOSS Legal Challenge

It was proposed by Cllr.B.Baldwin, seconded by Cllr.M.Mew & agreed unanimously, to lodge an appeal following the refusal for Judicial Review at the High Court permission hearing in December. Legal fees for appeal were considered to be within the budget set for the legal challenge & costs exposure negligible.

Future progress would be reviewed stage by stage.

 

 

 

Clerk to notify solicitors

 

B042/04

East of England Regional Plan

Cllr.M.Mew had been invited to speak on behalf of TPC & the EALC at the ERA Examination in Public on A120 Corridor issues.

 

 

All note

B029/05

BAA – Generation 2

It was agreed that the Clerk draft a response for consideration at the February meeting. Cllr's wishing to contribute should do so asap.

It was agreed to approach BAA Stansted to discuss their suggested presentation to TPC by senior officials.

 

 

February

Agenda

B012/05

Priors Green Development

Rosa Clarke & Ian Williamson (Countryside Projects plc) updated TPC on the current planning position & highlighted the balancing pond as the key issue in the works schedule. Until permission was agreed, no work could begin. May was considered a possible start date.

It was confirmed that Jacks Lane would not be used for access in any form during construction & its safeguarding as an ancient lane needed careful consideration in the long term. TPC suggested that Jacks Lane be downgraded from byway to bridleway/footpath to prevent use by motorised vehicles & this would be investigated by Ian Williamson.

 

 

 

 

May Agenda

Review

B025/05

Affordable Rural Housing

It was agreed that the Essex Rural Community Housing Enabler Project Co-ordinator (Ruth Wyllie) be invited to address TPC at the February meeting.

 

 

February Agenda

 

 

ROADS

C034/00

B1256 – Speed Calming Measures

ECC Highways (Mr.Chris Stoneham) agreed to review TPC's original recommendations for speed calming measures on the B1256 & informed TPC that the agreed new speed limits were due to come into force by the end of January 2006.

April Agenda

Review

C003/05

Heavy Goods Traffic on Rural Lanes

The issue of ever increasing use of local roads by heavy goods vehicles was discussed at length & a 40 tonne weight restriction was suggested in attempts to limit the use, especially to/from Elsenham Quarry.

ECC Highways (Mr.Chris Stoneham) apologised for the delay in the planned survey on Warish Hall & Bambers Green Roads. This was due to the construction of a new water main by Three Valleys Water for the Priors Green development. The survey would be reorganise asap & hopefully form a useful evidential database.

 

 

 

 

April Agenda

Review

 

C021/05

Takeley Road Boundary Signs

TPC informed ECC Highways that following complaints from Little Canfield PC the new Takeley boundary signs, which had been erected in the wrong place on the B1256, should be removed & re-sited in the correct position.

 

 

 

All note

C022/05

20mph Speed Limit Signs – Morrels Green

ECC Highways (Mr.Chris Stoneham) informed TPC that the speed restriction signs had no legal authority & would be removed.

 

 

All note

 

 

ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES

D002/05

Recreation Ground Report

Cllr.J.Eichhorn agreed to take responsibility for reporting on the condition of the Recreation Ground.

 

 

All note

D015/5

Sports Field Report

Cllr.M.Garrick reported that electricity & water consumption at the Sports Field was very high & would be monitored carefully. Three Valleys Water would be contacted re. the high water consumption readings.

Repair work to the skate board rink was still being pursued under guarantee.

Hatfields Youth Football Club had not yet paid rent for the current season..

 

 

 

 

All note

 

 

 

VILLAGE SERVICES

F001/05

Local Policing / Public Safety Issues

Cllr.M.Garrick expressed concern that the regular liaison meeting with the local community police officer had ceased following the departure of PC Jo Smith. The Section Inspector at Gt.Dunmow police station would be contacted & asked explain the position & invited to TPC to discuss local policing issues.

 

 

 

February Agenda

F051/05

UDC – Bus Shelter Survey

The Chairman would assist the Clerk in informing UDC of the number & condition of bus shelters in the parish.

 

Clerk to write

 

THE NEXT MEETING of Takeley Parish Council will be held on

Wednesday February 1st 2006 at Takeley Silver Jubilee Hall at 7.30pm .

 

The meeting finished at 10.30 pm .

 

David Fossett, Clerk of the Council, 6.1.2006