December 2006 Parish Council Minutes

A meeting of Takeley Parish Council was held on
Wednesday December 6th 2006, at 7.30pm at Takeley Silver Jubilee Hall.

Present:                     

Cllr.Trevor Allen (Chairman)             Cllr. Carol Pratt  (Vice Chairman)
Cllr. Brian Baldwin                              Cllr. Patricia Barber
Cllr. Richard Cheetham                     Cllr. Michael Garrick
Cllr. John Gregory                          Cllr. Barrie Pountain
Mr.  David Fossett (Clerk

Apologies:                 

Cllr. John Green                    Cllr. Michael Mew
ECC Cllr.S.Flack                    UDC Cllr.Richard Harris
                                   
In Attendance:          

UDC Cllr.Jackie Cheetham     Mr.M.Peachey                       
Mr.Chris Stoneham (ECC Highways Officer)

The chairman introduced the new Clerk, Mrs.Jane Heskey.

Minutes:        

The minutes of the November meeting, which had been circulated previously,
were agreed & signed as a true record by the Chairman.

Matters Arising:       

B017/02 - HOSS Legal Challenge
The Clerk clarified TPC’s financial budget cap of £70k for the HOSS Legal Challenge & the subsequent implications for the 3 year precept & budget plan 2005-2008 as previously agreed (see Dec.2004 & Dec.2005 minutes). Richard Buxton had confirmed that these costs would include the ECtHR application.


C023/04 – Street Naming Sign – Takeley Street
UDC had been contacted over the procedure for erecting a location sign & a site meeting
would be arranged in the new year – (January Agenda).

ROADS

C023/04 – Local Speed Reduction Measures.

Mr.Chris Stoneham (ECC Highways officer) updated TPC on the B1256 road calming review following the recent SWArea Panel meeting. The review would follow 3 months after the introduction of the 30mph speed limit on the Takeley Street section. The order should be sealed by the end of January 2007 once objections had been cleared, with a 40mph limit extending to the Junction 8 interchange of the M11.

C003/05 – National Express Coaches

Nat. Express Coaches Head Office had instructed their drivers not to use the B1256 to access Stansted Airport in a gesture of good neighbourliness. However this needed to be constantly monitored & errant drivers reported.

ADMINISTRATION

A066/06

November Financial Report
Financial transactions for November 2006 were tabled & agreed.
S137 payments were noted.

TPC thanked Mr.Bob Weston for his continuing support to the Takeley community. This year the donation was £6k.

It was proposed by Cllr.M.Garrick, seconded by Cllr.B.Baldwin & agreed unanimously, to donate £200 to the Takeley Children’s Christmas party organised by the ‘Takeley Community Group’.

 

 

Clerk to write

A077/06

Finance Committee Report
It was proposed by Cllr.R.Cheetham, seconded by Cllr.B.Baldwin& agreed unanimously, to agree a £60k precept for 2007-2008.

The recent Finance Committee report & recommendations, including the draft budget for 2007-2008, would be discussed at the January 2007 meeting (see Apx.A).

 

Clerk to notify UDC

 

A076/06

TPC Co-opted Concillor.
It was proposed by Cllr.B.Pountain, seconded by Cllr.M.Garrick & agreed unanimously, to appoint Mr.David Daykin to the vacancy of Co-opted Parish Councillor from January 2007.

 

Clerk to inform UDC

A076/06

Editor - Village Newsletter
Mr.Paul Regeli had agreed to edit the Village Newsletter & Cllr.J.Green would organise distribution.

 

All note

A075/06

Section 106 – Morrells Green (Barkers Tank Site)
UDC had now finalised the S106 agreement & £51,272 had been credited to TPC’s account.

 

All note

A095/06

A095/06 – Government White Paper
‘Strong & Prosperous Communities’.
It was agreed that discussion on the implications of the White Paper would be a future agenda item for the newly elected Council.

 

May 2007 Agenda

A113/06

UDC – Budget Questionnaire
Cllr.R.Cheetham agreed to submit the questionnaire on behalf of TPC.
Deadline 11.1.2007.

 

All note

 

PLANNING & STANSTED AIRPORT

B025/06

PLANNING APPLICATIONS

TPC agreed the following comments on planning applications received:-
UTT/1854/06/FUL - Woodside Cottage - No objection
UTT/1892/06/FUL - Treetops - No objection
UTT/1852/06/FUL - 1 Bridgefoot Cottage - Objection
Reasons:- lack of detailed information - further details required.
UTT/1936/06/FUL - New dwelling rear of ‘Conifers’ - Objection
Reasons:- over intensification of site & poor vehicle access

UTT/1931/06/FUL - Bonningtons Farm - Objection
Reasons:- poor vehicle access to site - public safety issue.
Recommended conditions if application granted:- permission for existing companies use only - no external storage - no airport related parking.

 

 

Clerk to notify UDC

 

B017/02

BAA – HOSS Legal Challenge
Following Richard Buxton’s email dated 3.12.2006 (Apx.A), it was agreed that TPC would explore strategies for involving 2 further applicants as victims of the unfairness of the HOSS for the application to the ECtHR.
It was further agreed to assist the legal argument with supporting local evidence of the fall in house values from SSE’s portfolio, local environmental impacts, aircraft noise disturbance, the decline in the quality of life & the gradual disintegration of the local community as a result of plans for Stansted expansion.
Cllr.M.Garrick agreed to outline his thoughts for the January meeting.

 

 

January Agenda

 

B012/06

Priors Green Development – Street Naming
It was agreed to consult the local History Society for names for streets in the new development. UDC would be advised of the recommendations asap.

 

All note

 

ROADS

C023/04

Stansted Airport Fly Parking
ECC Highways Officer Chris Stoneham updated TPC on the introduction of the pilot scheme. This had been delayed due to staffing problems but should now be introduced by February 2007 for a trial period of 12 months & then reviewed.

 

All note

C001/06

Four Ashes Cross Roads
ECC Officer Chris Stoneham updated TPC on the progress of improvement works funded by a s106 agreement from the Hatfield Park Golf Course entrance project. The contract had been re-ordered & reduced. Priority drainage work was due to begin in January 2007. Re-surfacing costs may prove too expensive for the £10k budget & need to be directed to ECC’s locally determined budget. TPC stressed that bollards were also a priority.
The previous request for bollards at the entrance of Takeley Primary School would be chased up.

The Chairman thanked Mr.Chris Stoneham who agreed to attend the April 2007 meeting to advise on progress.

 

 

All note

C023/04

Takeley Entry Sign Planters
UDC Cllr.J.Cheetham & Cllr.R.Cheetham had applied for grant funding for the project & if successful a ‘licence to plant’ would be sought from ECC Highways.

 

January
Agenda

 

ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES

D001/06

Recreation Ground Report

No report in Cllr.J.Green’s absence.

 

All note

 

D002/06

 

Sports Field Report
Cllr.M.Garrick reported that equipment & grounds were in a satisfactory condition & improvement in the litter problem.

 

All note

D011/06

ROSPA Report 2006
Recommendations to be reported in the Finance Committee Report.

January Agenda

 

D012/06

ECC – Part Night Street Lighting
TPC would inform UDC that it wished to continue full night operation of parish owned street lights as they served vulnerable areas & residents.
TPC would also stress that other roads with traffic calming measures (speed humps) should remain in full night operation.

 

 

Clerk to write

 

D025/06

UDC – Dog Control Orders
TPC would ask UDC to include existing locations at the Sports Field, Recreation Ground & around Priors Wood Court in the new dog orders & endorsed the policy of a general order, but had no wish to act as the enforcement agency.

 

Clerk to write

 

 

VILLAGE SERVICES

F001/06

Local Policing & Public Safety Issues Initiatives
Cllr.M.Garrick reported that their had been no contact with the local police since the agreement given at the November meeting

 

All note

F002/06

Takeley Youth Initiatives
Cllr.M.Garrick reported that numbers attending the youth club at the Sports & Social Club were declining as were the number of volunteer helpers. Consideration would be given to reducing club meetings to 1 a month.

 

All note

F033/06

ECC – Mobile Library Service Review
TPC agreed to support the review recommendations as they appeared to have no detrimental effect on the local service.

 

Clerk to write

 

THE NEXT MEETING of Takeley Parish Council will be held on
Wednesday January 10th 2007 at Takeley Station House at 7.30pm.

 

The meeting finished at 10.00pm.

David Fossett    Clerk of the Council    8.12.2006